Historical Highlights
Vinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo SliderVinaora Nivo Slider

Historical Highlights

PCBA:  Historical Highlights

(Back to Main PCBA History page)

 

 

1933 The Pima County Bar Association was established.
1956 (January 1)  The PCBA Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) program began its operations.
1974

(October) PCBA became incorporated as a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization when its Articles of Incorporation were filed at the Arizona Corporation Commission.
1977 (June) Doris Mindell became the first woman president of PCBA.
1981 PCBA and Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Inc., began a joint project known as the Volunteer Lawyers Program (VLP).
1982 (April) The first issue of PCBA's monthly newspaper, The Writ (see article)

1983

 

(March) The first YLD Judicial Reception sponsored solely by the PCBA Young Lawyers Division in Tucson was held.  (Previous receptions were held in Phoenix and co-sponsored with the Maricopa Bar Association.)

1988


(November)  The Legal Community Against Hunger (LCAH), a program sponsored by several local legal organizations, including PCBA, began its yearly drive to raise donations for the local Community Food Bank.

1990

PCBA's Modest Means, Reduced-Fee Panel program (currently known as the QUILT program) began.
1997 (October) PCBA members built their First Habitat for Humanity home (see article).
2000 (May) PCBA's website at www.pimacountybar.org was first posted online.
2003 PCBA members built their Second Habitat for Humanity Home.
 
 
 


Check back for future updates.......